The CopperSound Daedalus is a luscious, plate-style reverb with two independent levels, accessible on the fly. As opposed to using a chip, we wanted to build Daedalus off the newest Belton 3 brick. The Reverb knob controls the amount of reverberation, while the Depth control handles the decay length. The Preamp is the “special sauce” here. It has the ability to add volume to whatever pedal is in the expression loop – enough volume that the external pedal is almost as loud as the initial reverberated note. This can be very useful for swells and experimental players.
The Preamp knob also adds volume to the decay and length of the reverberation, making it a dual purpose knob. The EXP jack allows the user to insert any pedal into the decay of the reverb using a TRS Y cable (not included). The Blend knob gives the user control over the amount of external effect being placed into the decay. A separate reverberation amount can be achieved with the Reverb II knob. This addition allows for two separate reverberation levels on the fly with independent footswitches. Set one for shorter, traditional sounds and the second for longer, drawn out sounds. Both Reverb knobs work with the rest of the controls.
Try the EXP jack with an expression pedal! Simply set the max amount with the Reverb knob. This amount sets the “toe down” position and the “heal down” position is fully dry.
Float away on clouds of reverb…
- Plate-style reverb
- Multiple reverberation levels accessible on the fly via secondary footswitch
- Discreet, on-board JFET preamp for expanded room size and depth
- Newest generation of digital reverb brick
- Integrated expression jack with designated blend control for external effects or expression pedal
- 9v operation
- Passionately hand-crafted in the U.S.A.
- 9v: 2.1mm x 5.5mm Center Negative | 9v @ 75mA
- In/Out: ¼” Instrument Cable
- EXP: ¼” TRS Cable
- Dimensions: 4.7″ x 3.7″ x 2″ (including jacks and hardware)
- Mechanical True Bypass